A Gin-Credible Experience at Cotswolds Distillery
If your favourite tipples include gin & whisky, then a visit to Cotswolds Distillery is certainly needed.
Established in 2014, by the New Yorker Dan Szor, Cotswolds Distillery is known nationwide for their single malt whisky, gin, and liqueurs. With quality and flavour above all else, they are one of the only six distilleries in the UK producing English Whisky.
Whisky production is at the heart of the distillery, with their flagship Cotswolds Single Malt Whisky that’s rich, fruity, and sippable. It has a balance and depth of flavour that belies its young age, due to the exceptional attention to detail in the teams distilling.
When it comes to Cotswolds Distillery Gin, no expense is spared. Carefully distilled with nine truly considered botanicals, the Cotswolds Dry Gin is in essence a London Dry but with an aromatic twist. The distilled juniper, coriander seed, angelica root, local lavender, bay leaf, hand-peeled fresh lime and pink grapefruit zest, cardamom, and black peppercorn has resulted in a rich and robust, award-winning gin.
If you’re hooked already, then an award-winning 45-minute tasting tour in Stourton is the perfect Cotswold experience! The tour begins with a short video that highlights the Cotswolds Distillery story and the traditional production methods. Shortly after, you’ll be taken around the distillery’s production areas and warehouses whilst given a detailed account of how the team crafts their award-winning spirits, where you’ll be able to see (and smell!) the processes in action. At the end of the tour, you’ll get to sample the range of spirits and liqueurs.
If you don’t have time for a tour, but you would like to purchase a bottle to enjoy at home, stop off at Bourton-on-the-water or Broadway, and visit the shops. Both shops stock the full range of Outstanding Natural Spirits, as well as local produce and accessories. The shop teams are more than happy to give you a sample of the spirits and explain the processes behind the award-winning products. It’s like a mini tasting session! The Cotswolds Distillery shops are opening Monday to Saturday from 9:30 am until 5:30 pm and then on Sunday from 10:30 am until 5 pm.
- Distillery Location: Phillip’s Field, Whichford Road, Stourton, Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire CV36 5EX
- 11am, 1pm, 3pm
- 7 days a week
- £15 per person
- Must be pre-booked
- Private group tours available
- Please note, children 8 and under are unable to take part in the distillery tour. Children aged 8-17 years of age must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note, the distillery is an industrial setting – guests must be dressed appropriately for entry; no high heels (the gantry has a grated floor that is unsuitable for thin heels) or open-toed shoes.
- Bourton-on-the-Water Shop: 2 The Forge, High St, Bourton-on-the-Water, Gloucestershire GL54 2AN
- Broadway Shop: 33 High Street, Broadway, Worcestershire, WR12 7DP